Sunday, December 12, 2010

One who wants to own me

 I was introduced to ~A~ by a mutual acquaintance while I was still seperated from The Ex. During our first meeting , at a party, ~A~ pulled me aside to talk privately. During our conversation ~A~ pulled my head down by my shirt, passed up all progression of lip wrestleing and went straight for the tounge tango.

 ~A~ and I have had a number of dates so far. All of our one on one encounters have quickly devolved to the horizontal mambo. While I have enjoyed the sex our encounters where we just spent time togeather have been much more fufilling relationship wise. I, from the time we first met, have been up front with ~A~ about not wanting a to return to a serious relationship in my immediate future.

 During one of our one on one encounters ~A~ professed, with tearful eyes, that she was falling in love with me. Later, at a time less charged with passion and alcohol, I let ~A~ know I was still not ready for a return to a serious relationship an if what we had togeather was bringing tears to her eyes we should back off and cool down the relationship. ~A~ quickly recanted her earlier profession of love.

 It never ceases to amaze me that otherwise honest people (of whom I belive ~A~ to be one) are so hard pressed to be open and honest about their feelings about their own relationships.

I care for ~A~.
I do not love ~A~.
I do not want to bring any distress to ~A~.
I know it hurts ~A~'s feelings that I am trying to meet other women.
I will not hide any of this from ~A~. (As this distresses ~A~ I do not bring it up but when she asks I reply honestly.)
I believe that hiding this will eventually cause ~A~ more pain than being up front & honest.

 I would prefer either a 'no strings attached' or a plutonic relationship with ~A~ but I know she wants more of a relationship than I. I imagine that my trying to cool down our relationship will cause ~A~ a significant deal of distress. As ~A~ would never do this I will have to.

Damn.

No comments:

Post a Comment